Join the Library Family:
Make a Membership Gift
Government funding pays only a portion of the Library's operating expenses.
Membership with the Friends of the Library group is a great way to support NYPL's free and vital services including literacy training, internet access and job search resources.
Plus, Friends receive special benefits such as discounted LIVE tickets, invitations to member events, and the satisfaction of belonging to group of generous and compassionate New Yorkers.
Want to make a monthly membership gift? Click here.
If you wish to make a fully tax-deductible gift, you can waive membership benefits below or click here.
Field Is Required
Select gift amount
- Personalized membership card
- 10% discount at the Library Shop, in-store and online
- 10% discount at the Library’s café at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
- Year's subscription to Top Picks, the Library's monthly e-newsletter
All Library Associate benefits, plus:
- Inside The New York Public Library, your guide to what’s happening at NYPL
- 10% discount for LIVE from the NYPL and access to presale tickets
All Friend benefits, plus:
- Two tickets to the Library’s annual Holiday Open House—the most festive event of the year
- Invitation for two to the annual Book Swap, where members exchange favorite books and get reading recommendations from NYPL librarians
All Contributing Friend benefits, plus:
- 20% discount on LIVE from the NYPL general admission tickets and access to the presale
- Two additional Holiday Open House tickets, for a total of four tickets
- Invitation for two to the annual Friends Lecture Luncheon, featuring today’s most exciting writers and thinkers
All Supporting Friend benefits, plus:
- Invitations to behind-the-scenes tours of the Library’s exhibitions
- Curator-led tour of NYPL treasures
By choosing to not receive benefits with your membership, your gift is fully tax deductible and you will not receive a member card, invitations to events, e-updates, or be eligible for member discounts.
Credit Card Information: