Join the Library Family:
Government funding pays only a portion of the Library's operating expenses.
Membership with the Friends of the Library group is a great way to support NYPL's free and vital services including literacy training, internet access, and job search resources.
Make a monthly gift & get a tote | Make a fully tax-deductible gift
Field Is Required
Select Gift Amount
- Personalized donor membership card
- 10% discount at the Library Shop, in-store and online
- 10% discount at the Library's café at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
- A year's subscription to Top Picks, a monthly e-newsletter
All Library Associate benefits, plus:
- Inside The New York Public Library, your guide to what's happening at NYPL
- 10% discount on LIVE from the NYPL and access to presale tickets
- 10% discount at the Schomburg Shop, in-store and online
All Friend benefits, plus:
- Two tickets to the Library's annual Holiday Open House—the most festive event of the year
- Invitation for two to the annual Book Swap, where members exchange favorite books and get reading recommendations from NYPL librarians
All Contributing Friend benefits, plus:
- 20% discount on LIVE from the NYPL general admission tickets and access to the presale
- Two additional Holiday Open House tickets, for a total of four tickets
- Invitation for two to the annual Friends Lecture Luncheon, featuring today's most exciting writers and thinkers
All Supporting Friend benefits, plus:
- Invitations to behind-the-scenes tours of the Library's exhibitions
- Curator-led tour of NYPL treasures
By choosing to not receive benefits with your membership, your gift is fully tax deductible and you will not receive a member card, invitations to events, e-updates, or be eligible for member discounts.
Credit Card Information:
Thank you! Convert your donation to a monthly gift with just one click and help us offer even more books, classes, and programs.
As a thank you, we’ll send you an NYPL tote bag!